Since assuming office as the member representing Esit Eket/Ibeno State Constituency in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Usoro Akpanusoh has left no one in doubt in his commitment to better the lives of his constituents and Akwa Ibom people at large. Based on his experience in the legislative business and financial management, the leadership of the House in her wisdom, appointed Hon. Usoro as the chairman, House Committee on Appropriations and Finance.
As a legislator, the Esit-Eket/Ibeno member has satisfactorily performed his three core duties of lawmaking, representation and oversight. In terms of lawmaking, Usoro Akpanusoh ranks among the lawmakers in the 6th Assembly with the most people-oriented bills and motions. So far, he has sponsored and Co-sponsored the following Bills;
1. Sponsored – HAB 169: A bill for a law to provide for regulations of maritime sector operations, fixed offshore oil/gas production facilities (platforms) registration for the purpose of generating internal revenue and other matters connected therewith, which has been assented to by the Governor.
2. Sponsored – HAB 170: A bill for a law to amend the Akwa Ibom State town and country planning law and for other matters connected therewith.
3. Sponsored – HAB 171: A bill for a law to make provision for the imposition of land based charge to be called real property charge, for the levying and collection of charge and for connected purposes.
4. Sponsored – HAB 206: A bill for a law to AKS environmental protection and waste management Agency Law 2000
5. Sponsored – HAB 217: A bill for a law for the establishment of the Akwa Ibom State Safety Commission and for other related matters.
6. Co-sponsored – HAB 162: A bill for a law to protect the physically challenged persons against all forms of discrimination and to provide for equal opportunities in all aspect of living in the society and for connected purposes.
7. Co-sponsored – HAB 166: A bill for a law to provide for regulation of water front infrastructure development in Akwa Ibom State and for connected purposes therewith.
8. Co-sponsored – HAB 180: A bill for a law to make provisions for the administration of criminal justice and other related matters in the courts of the State.
9. Co-sponsored – HAB 184: A bill for a law to provide for the establishment of Akwa Ibom State Primary Health Care Development Agency and for matters connected therewith.
10. Co-sponsored – HAB 186: A bill for a law for protection of investors and investments in Akwa Ibom State and other matters connected therewith.
11. Co-sponsored – HAB 191: A bill for a law to regulate and control cattle grazing in Akwa Ibom State and other matters connected therewith.
12. Co-sponsored – HAB 193: A bill for a law to provide for prudent management of the state resources, ensure long term macro-economic stability of the state economy, secure greater accountability and transparency in fiscal operations within the medium term fiscal framework and the establishment of the fiscal responsibility commission to ensure the promotion and enforcement of Akwa Ibom State Economic objectives and other matters related thereto.
13. Co-sponsored – HAB 201: A bill for a law to establish the building and civil engineering construction materials quality center in Akwa Ibom State.
14. Co-sponsored: A bill for Law to establish the building and civil engineering construction materials quality center in Akwa Ibom State.
15. Co-sponsored – HAB 204: A bill for a law to protect people living with HIV/AIDs against all forms of stigma and discrimination and for other matters connected therewith.
To be continued…